No single dental treatment has revolutionized cosmetic dentistry as dramatically as the porcelain veneer — a procedure that can be the key to a total smile makeover.
In the experienced hands of a skilled dentist like Dr. Farahmand, thin, natural-looking porcelain shells can be applied to cover existing teeth and to close gaps, change color, and/or lengthen improperly aligned teeth. Think of it as instant orthodontics — customized to your specific needs. And the results can last for years!
Porcelain Veneers Procedure:
- Two or more appointments are needed to restore teeth with beautiful porcelain veneers.
- At the first appointment, Dr. Farahmand shapes and slightly roughens the surface of the teeth.
- Then he takes impressions to create exact working models of the mouth.
- The new porcelain veneers are artistically crafted based on these models to perfectly fit the teeth.
- After the first appointment, the patient leaves the office wearing highly specialized temporary acrylic veneers, which already look better than the original teeth. The temporaries allow the doctor and patient to “plan” the appearance of the permanent veneers, since they have much the same look.
- At the next appointment, Dr. Farahmand cleans and polishes the prepared teeth.
- He then puts the permanent veneers in place and applies a special adhesive to permanently bond them to the patient’s teeth. A gentle, high-intensity light is used to harden the adhesive.
To learn more about the procedure, talk to Dr. Farahmand who can advise you if it’s the right option for you — and what you can expect from the results.